Trips & Tours
A variety of day trips are offered to area attractions, theater productions, special events and dining establishments. Extended duration trips are offered to US and international destinations. Sign up individually or with your friends. Download the Heritage Happenings for the current offerings.
Christmas in Duluth - Glensheen Mansion and Bentleyville Lights - FULL
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Enjoy a roasted chicken lunch at Duluth Boat House Restaurant’s August Fitger Room followed by a tour of the Glensheen Mansion beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Top it all off with the Bentleyville Tour of Lights.
- Leave the Heritage Center at 9:15 a.m., return at 9:45 p.m.
- If there is poor weather you must be available on December 19.
- $79/members, $89/non-members. Sign up with payment by Monday, November 13. Sign up online, at the Heritage Center or by calling 952-985-4620.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
This must-see attraction at the Mall of America is a ride unlike anything Minnesota has ever seen. Riders are suspended in the air with feet dangling 10-40 feet above the ground and immersed in a giant half-spherical dome screen. Special effects including wind, scents and mist make you feel like you’re truly flying! After the ride, take time at the Mall of America to shop and then enjoy lunch at the FireLake Grill House (menu is available at the Heritage Center). Weather permitting, the bus will ride past some of the Winter Carnival sites and anticipated Super Bowl exhibits in St. Paul and suburbs.
- Leave the Heritage Center at 9 a.m., return at 4:15 p.m.
- $53/members, $63/non-members. Sign up with payment by Monday, January 8.
Drinking Habits—DayTrippers Theater
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
All heaven is about to break loose at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing. The sisters keep the audience in stiches as they run their secret wine-making industry. Lunch buffet includes chicken Kiev, roast pork loin and much more. Price includes lunch, show, motor coach transportation, tax and lunch gratuity.
- Leave the Heritage Center at 10:30 a.m., return at 4 p.m.
- $60/members, $70/non-members. Sign up with payment by Tuesday, February 13.
Jersey Boys at the Orpheum Theater
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Jersey Boys is the 2006 Tony and Grammy Award-winning Best Musical about Rock & Roll Hall of Famers – The Four Seasons: Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito and Nick Massi. This is the true story of how four blue-collar kids became one of the greatest successes in pop music history. They wrote their own songs, invented their own sounds and sold 175 million records worldwide – all before they were 30! Jersey Boys feature their hit songs “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Rag Doll,” “Oh What a Night” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You.”
- Leave the Heritage Center at 5:30 p.m., return at 11:15 p.m.
- $79/members, $89/non-members. Sign up with payment by Tuesday, January 16. Note this early deadline!
Highlights of this trip include tours of Charleston, Savannah, Jekyll Island Trolley Tour, Fort Sumter Boat Tour and more. Two nights at Charleston, South Carolina; two nights at Savannah, Georgia; and two nights at St. Augustine, Florida. Trip includes round trip airfare, 10 meals, hotel transfers, professional tour director, motor coach transportation, baggage handling and hotel transfers.
Details and sign up information are available at the Heritage Center